An Associate Landscape Architect at Gentile Glas Holloway O’Mahoney & Associates (“2GHO”) is primarily responsible for drafting design and construction documentation, take-offs, and cost estimates for the Company’s clients. S/he is also required to develop and manage client relationships and oversee project progression in the field.
- Conferring with clients, professional engineers and architects to determine the expectations for and parameters of landscape projects;
- Conducting inventories of proposed sites to identify structural elements, topography, existing landscape, soil condition, and drainage and analyzing the collected data;
- Selecting appropriate sustainable materials for use in landscape and hardscape designs;
- Preparing site plans, specifications and cost estimates for land development;
- Preparing graphic master plans and support drawings for landscape projects;
- Developing planting plans for clients to assist them in gardening productively and in achieving particular aesthetic effects;
- Collaborating with architects and other professionals on site design to maximize overall aesthetic, improve energy efficiency and minimize water consumption;
- Designing rainwater harvesting, greywater and/or reclaimed water systems and integrating them into building or land designs;
- Presenting project plans or designs to clients and public stakeholders, such as government agencies or community groups;
- Collaborating with estimators to cost projects, create project plans and coordinate bids from contractors;
- Overseeing the work of subcontractors/team members to ensure quality control and compliance with specifications;
- Conducting follow-up consultations with clients to ensure landscape designs are maturing or developing as planned; and
- Researching the latest products, technology, or design trends to stay current in the field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture plus 5 years of experience as an Associate Landscape Architect, Landscape Designer or Graphic Designer at a Landscape Architecture firm or a multidisciplinary firm under a licensed Landscape Architect;
- Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture plus 3 years of experience as an Associate Landscape Architect, Landscape Designer or Graphic Designer at a Landscape Architecture firm or a multidisciplinary firm under a licensed Landscape Architect.
- Experience compiling and analyzing data on site conditions based upon geographic location, soil, vegetation, rock features, and drainage patterns;
- Experience with site grading, technical detailing, permitting, construction documentation, and construction administration;
- Proficiency with drafting software, including: AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Land CAD;
- Proficiency with graphic design software, including Adobe Creative Suite;
- Proficiency with modeling and rendering software, such as: V-Ray, Rhinoceros, Grasshopper, MAYA, or Lumion;
- Experience creating and presenting PowerPoint presentations;
- Horticultural knowledge of South Florida plants;
- Ability to produce quality hand graphics; and
- Ability to inspect construction work in Southeast and Central Florida, as required. (approx. 10% of work time)
(Experience may be gained concurrently.)
Full-time; position is located at 1907 Commerce Lane, Suite 101, Jupiter, FL 33458. Send resume to Jessica@2gho.com; no phone calls please.